As a church, we are aware of our need for God’s direction and strength. Because of that, we have chosen to set aside time for our entire church community to earnestly call on the Lord. As we do this within the context of prayer and fasting, we are excited to have the opportunity to seek God and to hear from Him.
Starting sundown on Friday, February 26th until sundown on Sunday, the 28th, we’re asking everyone to join together in a fast of your choosing and to gather each night at the church to support our corporate time of prayer. The schedule will be as follows:
- Friday 7:00-8:30—Asking God to heal areas of brokenness in our lives.
- Saturday 6:00-7:30—Asking God to draw people to Jesus.
- Sunday 5:00-6:30—Asking God’s Holy Spirit to move and empower us. Following our time of prayer on Sunday, we will celebrate and end the fast with a potluck supper of soup and bread.
The most important thing you can do during this time is ...
- Draw near to God, read His Word and pray.
- Next, be sure to join us each night as we come together corporately to pray. Participate as you are comfortable, but keep in mind that gathering together encourages us all.
- Finally, feel free to fast food/media on whatever level you choose and are able to do. It is an exciting thing when God’s people come in the spirit of Jeremiah 33:3, which says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” See you there!